Hollywood superhero flick, Avengers: Endgame, took the Indian box-office by storm in the first week of its release. The film’s record breaking run is leaving the film trade in awe. In India, Endgame’s all the 4 versions together collected Rs 260.40 crores in 7 days.
Veteran Bollywood trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to Twitter this afternoon and tweeted that Endgame has surpassed the first week collections of all the highest grossing Indian movies, including Baahubali The Conclusion (Rs 247 cr). This seems to have irked one of Baahubali producers, Shobu Yarlagadda.
Shobu said that it’s not right to compare Baahubali’s Hindi version’s collections alone with Endgame, which released across India in four languages. Earlier today, we reported that although Endgame has had a fabulous first week in India, the film’s overall first week collections are well behind Baahubali 2 and 2.0’s all versions.
Not to take away the success any of the films listed below, I don't think this is a right comparison and doesn't put things in perspective especially from veteran trade analyst like yourself! BB2 one language (predominantly North India) vs all other films all languages pan India https://t.co/IP2d2BbMEK
— Shobu Yarlagadda (@Shobu_) May 3, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Shruti Haasan in a first look poster after nearly 3 years
- Shekar Kammula’s Love Story to address this issue?
- Viral Snap-Ex-Lovers reunite for a project
- Interview : Shiva Kandukuri- Chiranjeevi was the inspiration to become an actor
- Crazy title for NTR-Trivikram’s film?
- Allu Arjun to host a grand party for the media and celebs