The union government has issued new guidelines for Unlock4, after the nationwide lockdown that got the entire country to a standstill for nearly 3 months. These guidelines will be in effect until September 30. The government has announced that movie theaters across the country will remain closed till September 30. However, permission has been given for open-air theaters from September 21.
While the centre’s new diktat comes across as a huge disappointment for the exhibition industry, it gives a boost to the OTT platforms, as more and more producers will now be opting for a direct OTT release instead of waiting until theaters reopen. Already, several high and medium budgeted movies in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil and all other major Indian languages have been acquired by the leading OTT platforms.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pre-production of Mahesh-Trivikram film in full swing
- Samantha on a crazy mission in The Famil Man 2
- Prabhas-Nag Ashwin project pushed to 2022
- Krithi Shetty clarifies about her future projects
- Telangana government extends lockdown till 30th May
- Tough times ahead for India’s hero Sonu Sood