Young Mega hero Vaishnav Tej’s debut film, Uppena, lived up to the expectations on its opening day and collected a whopping Rs 9.30 crore share in Andhra, Nizam and Ceded regions. These figures are the highest for any debut hero’s opening day collections.
In Nizam, Uppena collected a share of Rs 3.08 crore on its day 1. Continuing its strong hold, the film collected Rs 2.40 crore share on its day 2, taking its two-day total Nizam share to Rs 5.48 crore.
Also, Uppena is said to have collected a solid share of Rs 7 crore in the twin Telugu states on Saturday, and its total 2-day Andhra, Nizam and Ceded share is close to Rs 16 crore. The advance bookings for the Sunday shows are looking promising and the film will comfortably cross the Rs 20 crore milestone by tonight.
Kollywood star Vijay Sethupathi has played the main antagonist in this Buchi Babu Sana debut directorial. Young beauty Krithi Shetty has made an impressive debut.
Articles that might interest you:
- Krithi Shetty in demand; Hikes her remuneration?
- Balakrishna buys an expensive house in Jubilee Hills
- Nithiin, Nithya’s Ishq turns 9; Director hints at a sequel
- Buzz picks up for Nandita Swetha’s Akshara
- Koratala Siva finalizes Allu Arjun’s look in his film
- PSPK27 title locked-To be revealed on this date