It looks like the descendants of the first Telugu freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimhareddy are in no mood to budge. After filing a complaint against Sye Raa’s hero Chiranjeevi, producer Ram Charan and director Surender Reddy, the descendants are now threatening to stall the film’s pre-release event, which is scheduled to be held in Hyderabad this evening.
The protesting members of Uyyalawada’s 5th generation are alleging that last year, Ram Charan had promised them Rs 50 crore for exchanging key information about Uyyalawada’s life and legacy. They further said that not only Ram Charan has failed to keep his promise, but his office staff had even threatened them with dire consequences is they don’t stop bothering Charan about the alleged payment.
23 protestors belonging to Uyyalawada’s family have told the media that they are taking legal help to stall the pre-release. We will have to wait and see how this murky controversy will take shape in the coming days. The film is hitting theaters on October 2.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Aravind to start an online streaming platform?
- Prabhas to announce a new film soon?
- Karthi’s Khaidi wraps up censor scrutiny; All set for Oct 25 release
- There is too much pressure on my son-Vikram
- Bigil’s advance bookings on fire
- Rashmika miffed with rumors about her attitude problem