Varun Tej’s makeover for Valmiki, directed by Harish Shankar, has been the talk of the Town for several weeks now. The actor will be seen as a gangster, which is a first in his career. The film is the Telugu remake of Jigarthanda; however, a lot of things have been changed in the Telugu version.
“Since I have already played a hero in my previous films, Harish Shankar felt that the focus had to be more on my character to bring a new angle to the story. Moreover, I had to work really hard to look and talk convincingly. Some people stated that I spoke too fast in F2, but that was done intentionally to keep up the tempo and comic timing. Harish Shankar was of immense help for me during filming Valmiki. I like doing acting workshops, but Harish preferred to talk about the character, story for 8 hours at a stretch. A lot of details emerged from these discussions. He is a fabulous director to work with,” Varun Tej said while talking about his equation with Harish Shankar.
The film also stars Mrinalini Ravi, Pooja Hegde, and Atharva Murali. Valmiki is slated for release on September 20.
Articles that might interest you:
- Naga Babu demands an apology from Balakrishna
- It’s a Dussehra release for mega hero’s next?
- Chiru clarifies why he skipped Talasani’s charity event
- Film shoots get green signal-To start from this date?
- Warner in Baahubali avatar-Posts a funny question?
- Lockdown Review : Hasmukh – Hindi series on Netflix