Varun Tej’s makeover for Valmiki, directed by Harish Shankar, has been the talk of the Town for several weeks now. The actor will be seen as a gangster, which is a first in his career. The film is the Telugu remake of Jigarthanda; however, a lot of things have been changed in the Telugu version.
“Since I have already played a hero in my previous films, Harish Shankar felt that the focus had to be more on my character to bring a new angle to the story. Moreover, I had to work really hard to look and talk convincingly. Some people stated that I spoke too fast in F2, but that was done intentionally to keep up the tempo and comic timing. Harish Shankar was of immense help for me during filming Valmiki. I like doing acting workshops, but Harish preferred to talk about the character, story for 8 hours at a stretch. A lot of details emerged from these discussions. He is a fabulous director to work with,” Varun Tej said while talking about his equation with Harish Shankar.
The film also stars Mrinalini Ravi, Pooja Hegde, and Atharva Murali. Valmiki is slated for release on September 20.
Articles that might interest you:
- Noted Bollywood musicians for Chiranjeevi’s next?
- Standing ovation for Team Baahubali at the Royal Albert Hall
- Keerthy Suresh’s efforts for her role in Miss India
- Allu Arjun loses 14 kilos in 4 months for Ala Vaikunthapuramulo
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 21-10-2019
- Khaidi’s story unfolds in 4 hours: Karthi