The success of ‘Bodyguard’ could very well be the beginning of a new phase in Victory Venkatesh’s career. Not too long ago, Amitabh Bachchan remarked that a veteran actor is akin to fine wine. Both get better with age. This seems to be perfectly true in the case of Venkatesh. What he now lacks in youth is compensated by his vast experience and wisdom of the craft. Venkatesh looked comfortable playing his age in ‘Bodyguard’. Going forward, his selection of roles and heroines will be a crucial factor in determining the longevity of his career.
Venky has acknowledged that the days of running around trees and dancing under the glare of neon lights have almost come to an end. Along with his contemporary Nagarjuna, Venkatesh is looking to play diverse characters and experiment with new roles. His next venture, Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimallae Chaettu, is a multi-starrer with Mahesh Babu. This would be a movie worth waiting for, as it is the first true multi-starrer of the Telugu Film Industry in more than a decade.
Venkatesh is also going to start working on two other films this year. One of them will be ‘Shadow’ in the direction of Meher Ramesh. The other film is going to be his dream project, ‘Swamy Vivekananda’.
Articles that might interest you:
- Radhe Shyam’s first look: Assam Police’s hilarious meme
- Star hero clears the air on being replaced by Sanjay Dutt in KGF 2
- Instagram blocks Radhe Shyam director’s account
- This Bollywood star was the first choice for Kattappa in Baahubali
- Noted hero’s initiative to raise awareness on plasma donation
- Prabhas20’s title Radhe Shyam sets a new record