Released during the Sankranthi festive season last year, Venkatesh and Varun Tej’s multi-starrer comedy entertainer, Fun and Frustration (F2), went on to become a huge blockbuster. The film, also starring Tamannaah and Mehreen, ended up collecting nearly Rs 85 crore share.
Soon after F2’s success, producer Dil Raju and director Anil Ravipudi had announced that a sequel to F2, tentatively titled F3, was on the cards. The team later got busy with their respective projects and there has been no news regarding F3 until now. But in a latest interview with a popular English daily before he kick-starts Asuran’s remake, Venky has confirmed that F3 is definitely in the pipeline.
“When we were doing F2, I was sure that it can make for a great comedy franchise. I have already had a few script discussions with Varun (Tej) and Anil Ravipudi (director). Once we lock in on the plotline, we’ll announce F3. We’re yet to finalise the heroines though, but it will have Varun and me in the lead,” Venky said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi’s special gift to his director Bobby on his birthday
- Friendship Day memory: Nani poses with Baahubali and RRR stars
- Striking first look of Ashwin Babu and Nandita Swetha’s Hidimba unveiled
- Double delight for NTR fans
- Toofan girl Mrunal Thakur’s Tollywood debut with Dulquer’s 2nd Telugu film
- School built by Sukumar in his father’s memory to be inaugurated today