Veteran actress Kavitha, who has appeared in a number of super hit films, is very upset. She broke down while interacting with a few media people yesterday. The reason for her anguish is the lack of an invitation for the 100 Years of Indian Cinema celebrations event.
“I am a very senior actress. I have appeared in a number of landmark films over the last 35 years. I was not invited. People who are just one or two films old have received invitations. People who are not even a part of the industry have received invitations. But the organisers did not invite me. In fact, many senior actors and actresses have not received the invitation. It is very humiliating”, she said.
Well, Kavitha certainly has a point. A number of people in the industry have been expressing their displeasure about not being invited for the event.
- Raashi Khanna in this remake?
- GST anti-evasion team sends notices to multiplexes, cinema halls
- Kajal, Sharwa shoot with 250 dancers in Spain
- Actor Suman keen to turn director
- Adivi Sesh rubbishes wedding rumours