Popular character artist Manorama passed away in Chennai last night. Manorama, fondly called by film fraternity as Aachi, had been suffering from various health ailments for a long time and she fell seriously ill last night. Family members rushed her to the hospital where she was declared brought dead. Manorama was 78.
In a career spanning six decades, the versatile actress acted in nearly 1000 films, a rare Guinness Record which only a very few film stars could achieve. Manorama was popular for her roles in Kamal Haasan’s ‘Bharatheeyudu’, ‘Rikshavodu’ and ‘Arundhathi’.
The legendary actress was conferred with the Padma Shri award in 2002 and a National Award for her performance in ‘Pudhiya Pathai’ in the year 1989. Manorama also had the rare distinction of acting with five chief ministers down south, NTR, MGR, Annadurai, Karunanidhi and Jayalalithaa respectively.
- Striking first look of Shakeela biopic unveiled
- Sumanth’s Subramanyapuram’s trailer to be out soon
- 2.0’s Telugu version to get a bigger release than Tamil
- Rakul Preet is eager to fall in love
- Malayalam star’s mega budget film on Lord Ayyappa to release in Telugu