Acclaimed actor Vijay Sethupathi has landed in a controversy, of sorts, for his remarks on the Sabarimala issue, that rocked Kerala in recent few weeks. It all began when Vijay praised Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan’s stand on Sabarimala issue and said he was a fan of the leader.
Not surprisingly, his comments didn’t go well with a section of people on social media, who had been opposing the way Vijayan had handled the whole issue, where police protection was provided to women if they wanted to enter the temple. Some people slammed Vijay Sethupathi for not having a complete overview of the sensitive issue and even called for a boycott of his films.
Vijay Sethupathi will soon be making his debut in Malayalam with a film titled Marconi Mathai, which has Jayaram in a lead role. He recently shot for the film in Alappuzha where he made these statements while interacting with the local media.
Articles that might interest you:
- OTT Review : Amala Paul’s Cadaver – Telugu film on Hotstar
- Collections rise for Karthikeya 2 in Hindi
- Team Ponniyin Selvan drops the second single update
- Madhavan debunks these crazy baseless rumors about him
- Actor Nassar gets injured while shooting
- Ram Charan’s heartwarming wishes for his director