Vijay Sethupathi has been speaking up for farmers’ rights in Tamil Nadu for quite sometime now. Recently, after shooting for a scene in his next film Laabham, he donated a building that was made for the film to the local farmers where they were shooting. And then, he went on endorse an online app, Mandee which aimed at selling commodities which could directly benefit farmers.
Despite all this, his noble thought of supporting the Mandee app hasn’t gone down well with the representatives of small scale industries and small retail shops in Tamil Nadu who felt that this sort of an online app will destroy their livelihood. They also alleged that the farmers will also be affected financially if the app becomes popular.
On the other hand, Vijay Sethupathi is said to be in favour of the app since farmers can make more money through the sale of goods, without the involvement of multiple middle-men. It remains to be seen how this issue is resolved amicably. The actor will soon be seen in Vaishnav Tej’s debut film Uppena, and he is said to be in talks for a negative role in Allu Arjun-Sukumar’s next.
Articles that might interest you:
- Young heroine roped in for Sharwa’s Mahasamudram
- Lockdown Review : Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare- Hindi film on Netflix
- Official confirmation- Heroines set for Andhadhun remake
- Kangana lauds Tollywood as the best and No 1 in India
- Poll : Who will win the first IPL 2020 match today?
- Sai Dharam Tej fulfills his promise-Helps an old age home