Vijay Sethupathi has been speaking up for farmers’ rights in Tamil Nadu for quite sometime now. Recently, after shooting for a scene in his next film Laabham, he donated a building that was made for the film to the local farmers where they were shooting. And then, he went on endorse an online app, Mandee which aimed at selling commodities which could directly benefit farmers.
Despite all this, his noble thought of supporting the Mandee app hasn’t gone down well with the representatives of small scale industries and small retail shops in Tamil Nadu who felt that this sort of an online app will destroy their livelihood. They also alleged that the farmers will also be affected financially if the app becomes popular.
On the other hand, Vijay Sethupathi is said to be in favour of the app since farmers can make more money through the sale of goods, without the involvement of multiple middle-men. It remains to be seen how this issue is resolved amicably. The actor will soon be seen in Vaishnav Tej’s debut film Uppena, and he is said to be in talks for a negative role in Allu Arjun-Sukumar’s next.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Devarakonda to sign two more films soon
- Talk- This young director has his hands full
- Young comedian makes his debut as a hero-producer
- Chay Akkineni’s silence raising curiosity levels for fans
- Different title loading for Pushpa 2
- Bigg Boss Divi’s Cab Stories to hit Spark OTT soon