S Nanthagopal, the producer of Vijay Sethupathi, Trisha’s acclaimed film ’96’, has run into major trouble with Nadigar Sangam. The association has issued a notice to its members to not co-operate with the producer until he settles the dues that he owes to Vijay Sethupathi, Vishal, and Vikram Prabhu.
On the day of the film’s release, Vijay Sethupathi paid nearly Rs 3 crores from his end to bail out Nanthagopal from a financial mess, and the producer is yet to repay the actor. Meanwhile, Nadigar Sangam stated that he still owes money to Vishal for Thupparivalan, and also to Vikram Prabhu for another film.
On the other hand, Nanthagopal confirmed that he is trying to settle the dues that he has to repay Vijay Sethupathi; however, he refused allegations that he still owes money to Vishal. Now, it remains to be seen how this latest controversy is going to resolved amicably. ’96 has already turned out to be a critical and commercial success, and it still running houseful in several centres in Tamil Nadu even after a month post its release.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nani turns producer for his sister’s debut short film
- A wonderful learning experience: Suriya on working with Mohan Babu
- Taapsee’s Game Over shows 100% jump on day 2
- Pooja catches Allu Arjun watching Ind Vs Pak match on AA19 set
- Lastest buzz regarding Ranarangam’s release
- Official update on Saaho’s music composer