S Nanthagopal, the producer of Vijay Sethupathi, Trisha’s acclaimed film ’96’, has run into major trouble with Nadigar Sangam. The association has issued a notice to its members to not co-operate with the producer until he settles the dues that he owes to Vijay Sethupathi, Vishal, and Vikram Prabhu.
On the day of the film’s release, Vijay Sethupathi paid nearly Rs 3 crores from his end to bail out Nanthagopal from a financial mess, and the producer is yet to repay the actor. Meanwhile, Nadigar Sangam stated that he still owes money to Vishal for Thupparivalan, and also to Vikram Prabhu for another film.
On the other hand, Nanthagopal confirmed that he is trying to settle the dues that he has to repay Vijay Sethupathi; however, he refused allegations that he still owes money to Vishal. Now, it remains to be seen how this latest controversy is going to resolved amicably. ’96 has already turned out to be a critical and commercial success, and it still running houseful in several centres in Tamil Nadu even after a month post its release.
- Karan Johar opens up about Hardik Pandya-KL Rahul controversy
- Bollywood star in talks for Shankar’s Indian 2?
- Kajal makes a surprising confession post Mumbai Marathon
- Proudly call myself a South Indian actor: Allu Arjun
- Press Note : PicknHook-an idea connects the locals to international