Senior writer Vijayendra Prasad is synonyms with sure shot success. Some of his movies like Chatrapati, Vikramarkudu, Magadheera, Baahubali and Mersal are proof enough to his extraordinary repertoire. The star writer, in his latest interview with a popular English portal, spoke at length about his career, his scripting style and the secret behind his continuous successes.
When asked about the secret to his success, “wholesome entertainment for all age groups”, pat replied the veteran writer. He goes on to define wholesome entertainment by using an interesting analogy between a wife and a prostitute. “A wife is generally worried about her husband’s health and wouldn’t let him eat sweets because she is worried he will get diabetes or cholesterol. On the contrary, a prostitute wouldn’t care if he drinks or smokes or ruins his health. All she is eyeing is the money in his pocket,” he said.
Giving justification for his analogy, the maverick writer further explains, “When you write a story, you have to keep both these things in mind. The base of the story should be honest, like a wife. All the embellishments you put around the story should be like a prostitute and they should be focused on the cash register. They must ensure the story makes money.”
Articles that might interest you:
- After Vijay, Nayanthara to romance this star hero?
- Suresh Babu reveals interesting details about Venky Mama
- NTR to team up with this star director once again?
- Poll : Should Mahesh do a pan-India film and make his Bollywood debut?
- Sitara reveals daddy Mahesh’s first reaction on her voice-over stint
- No takers for RGV’s KRKR sequel