The makers of Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi starrer Master have gone on record to say that they were indeed in talks with a reputed OTT to release the film; however, the deal hasn’t been signed yet. In an official press release, the producers have stated that they want to go for a theatrical release first to revive the box-office and they have urged the theatre owners to stand by them.
For the past few weeks, there has been a lot of speculation about Master’s release. Expectations on the film are sky high and there has been an intense debate over whether the audience and Vijay’s fans will prefer to watch the film in an OTT or a theatre. Considering the budget that the film was made on, it certainly makes sense to aim for a theatrical release; however, with the current guidelines where theatres can screen films with only 50% occupancy, the debate has become complicated.
With the makers of Master buying themselves more time to decide which way to go, it remains to be seen how long they are going to hold on, and what they are going to choose eventually. More details are awaited.
— Jagadish (@Jagadishbliss) November 28, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi to romance this star heroine yet again
- Bigg Boss Telugu 5: Google declares this season’s winner
- Have a story idea ready for Mahesh: Sreenu Vaitla
- Nayattu Telugu remake seals an interesting title
- When Mahesh Babu’s first reaction inspired a hit dialogue in Dookudu
- Prabhas’ touching post ahead of Love Story’s release