Actor Vishal, who has already become a power centre in Tamil film industry, has confessed that he’ll join politics, if need arises. The actor is the general secretary of Nadigar Sangam, and also the President of Tamil Film Producers Council, and for the past few months, he has been spearheading a lot of reforms in Tamil film industry.
In a recent interview, talking about his political ambitions, Vishal said, “Like others, I won’t say ‘if God’s willingness is there’ or stuff like that. My straight-forward answer is, yes, if the need arises, I’ll come to politics. There’s nothing wrong in it. In fact, people in power have approached me to join them in the past. At the same time, I’m not nurturing a secret ambition to get there or consider politics as an alternative career.”
He also stated that no one would have asked actors like him to join politics if the current crop of politicians had done their job properly. Currently, he’s awaiting the release of his upcoming Tamil film Thupparivaalan in which he has played a detective.
- Mr Majnu completes censor; All set for Jan 25th release
- Gopichand’s spy thriller commences on the Indo-Pak border
- Will Nani’s dream to work with his favorite director come true?
- F2 becomes Venky & Varun’s career best grosser
- Vaishnav’s debut film will have Rangasthalam-like feel: Chiranjeevi