Actor and producer Vishal is the latest Tamil actor to take an active plunge into politics. While others like Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth are still in their initial stages of planning their political career, Vishal has announced that he’ll be contesting as an independent candidate in the RK Nagar bypoll.
The RK Nagar by election was the result of Jayalalitha’s demise last year and ever since there has been an intense speculation about who might contest for that seat. In fact, at one point of time, Gangai Amaran, brother of Ilayaraja, too was said to be in contention and he had met Rajinikanth in the same regard.
Now, Vishal has set his eyes on the same seat and in a statement to the media, he said, “I will tell you my reason behind contesting elections after I file the nomination papers.” In the past, he has evinced his interest to join politics if there is a need. We’ll have to wait and see what Vishal has to say about his latest move.
- Akhil will be one of the finest actors one day: NTR
- Yatra’s director ‘meets & thanks’ YSR
- Mr. Majnu trailer – Youthful and vibrant
- Popular actress shocks all with a powerful warning to troublemakers
- Viswasam’s Telugu version gets a release date