Tamil hero Vishal’s latest release, Irumbu Thirai, was a good hit. The film, which stars Samantha as the female lead, is releasing in Telugu as Abhimanyudu on June 1. Abhimanyudu’s pre-release event is scheduled to be held this evening in Hyderabad.
However, Vishal has reportedly decided to skip the event due to the unrest in Tamil Nadu’s Tuticorin following the Sterlite Protests. Vishal will also not promote the Telugu version aggressively.
Abhimanyudu’s Telugu version’s producer Hari said that he respects Vishal’s decision, which was taken as a mark of support to the protestors. PS Mithran directed the movie and Action King Arjun plays an important role in it.
- Taapsee reveals why she can’t demand a pay equal to male stars
- RX100’s director ready with his next script
- Kavacham seals its release date
- Sumanth’s Idam Jagath seals its release date
- Makers of 2.0 planning exclusive promotions in Hyderabad