Tamil hero Vishal’s latest release, Irumbu Thirai, was a good hit. The film, which stars Samantha as the female lead, is releasing in Telugu as Abhimanyudu on June 1. Abhimanyudu’s pre-release event is scheduled to be held this evening in Hyderabad.
However, Vishal has reportedly decided to skip the event due to the unrest in Tamil Nadu’s Tuticorin following the Sterlite Protests. Vishal will also not promote the Telugu version aggressively.
Abhimanyudu’s Telugu version’s producer Hari said that he respects Vishal’s decision, which was taken as a mark of support to the protestors. PS Mithran directed the movie and Action King Arjun plays an important role in it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika super excited to shoot with Mahesh Babu
- Star hero gives blockbuster but has no films in hand
- Fresh speculation on NTR’s lady in RRR
- iSmart Shankar’s Ceded first weekend collections are here
- Interview : Vijay Devarakonda- My chemistry with Rashmika will be the highlight of Dear Comrade
- Rana’s critical surgery completed successfully in the US