Stalwart actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s latest espionage thriller, Vishwaroopam 2, released yesterday to mixed reviews. The film’s worldwide day 1 box-office collections were average.
In Tamil Nadu, Vishwaroopam 2 grossed Rs 4.10 crore on its opening day. In Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, the film’s Telugu version collected Rs 1.50 crore gross. On the other hand, the Hindi version, Vishwaroop 2, collected Rs 1.40 crore gross. In the rain hit Kerala and Karnataka, the film pocketed Rs 40 lakhs and Rs 1.05 crore gross respectively. The film’s day 1 India gross totals to Rs 8.45 crores.
In the US, Vishwaroopam 2’s Tamil, Telugu and Hindi versions together grossed nearly $205,526 (Rs 1.40 crores) including the premiere collections. With close to Rs 9.85 crore worldwide gross on day 1, Vishwaroopam 2 needs a solid weekend to better its box-office prospects.
Articles that might interest you:
- Strong Buzz: Ravi Teja okays a multi-starrer script
- Here is the tentative OTT release date of Kabzaa
- Latest: Ram Pothineni-Boyapati Srinu’s film locks its release fate
- Latest update on Ajith’s AK62
- Interesting buzz on Balakrishna’s Akhanda 2
- Official: Kamal Haasan to attend Ponniyin Selvan-2’s audio launch event
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food