It looks like Kamal Haasan’s upcoming magnum opus Vishwaroopam’s tryst with troubles will never come to an end. For nearly a month, Kamal Haasan and theatre owners in Tamil Nadu fought over the film’s DTH premiere ahead of its theatrical release. The two parties came to an agreement earlier this month and it’s now gearing up for a massive release on January 25 in Telugu and Tamil. Kamal Haasan agreed to postpone the film’s DTH premiere to February 2 to pacify the theatre owners. Now, it has run into fresh trouble when scores of Muslim groups raised objection over the film.
Earlier today leaders of few Muslim groups in Tamil Nadu claimed that the film will disturb the social harmony between religious groups and also added that they are concerned about the portrayal of Muslims in the film. Moreover, they demanded for a ban on the film ahead of its worldwide release. Kamal Haasan hasn’t responded to this latest controversy and he’s going to grace the film’s premiere in Fremont, California on January 25. The film has been produced, written and directed by Kamal Haasan. He has also played the lead role apart from Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah, Sekhar Kapur and Rahul Bose.
Articles that might interest you:
- Good dose of comedy in Pratiroju Pandage
- Excited Mahesh fans trend #SarileruNeekevvaruTeaser worldwide
- Bollywood continues to shell out historical films
- Arjun Suravaram trailer- Gripping and raisies curiosity
- Poll : What did you think of Arjun Suravaram’s trailer?
- Sarileru Neekevvaru’s teaser to be out on this date