Update at 2250 IST : The ban on Kamal Haasan’s ‘Vishwaroopam’ has been lifted by the Madras High Court today. However, the Government of Tamil Nadu has said that it intends to appeal and we will have to wait and see how things turn out tomorrow. For now, Kamal’s team is reportedly working with theater owners and exhibitors to start screening as soon as possible.
Universal Star Kamal Haasan’s big budget action flick ‘Vishwaroopam’ is currently battling a ban in Tamil Nadu and going by the latest reports emerging from Chennai, the film seems to be heading for more trouble. The Attorney General for the TN Govt. defended the film’s ban and even attacked the Censor Board for issuing a certificate without “application of the mind”.
Meanwhile, a businessman named Mohammad Haji filed a petition with the Andhra Pradesh High Court, seeking a ban on ‘Vishwaroopam’ in the state. Mr. Haji alleged that the film’s content is offensive and objectionable to the Muslim community.
No decision has been taken so far in this matter. Tamil movie lovers are waiting anxiously to see if the film gets to see the light of day in TN.
Articles that might interest you:
- Creative director wraps up his new script
- War of words between Kabali director and BJP spokesperson
- This scene in Salman’s Radhe is going to be crazy
- Naga Shourya’s new film to be launched tomorrow
- Sreenu Vaitla trying hard to find his hero
- Thaman to remix Balayya’s hit song in Boyapati Srinu’s film?