Kamal Haasan has finally a reason to smile now. After nearly ten days, the controversy surrounding Vishwaroopam in Tamil Nadu has come to an end after he agreed to edit few scenes and mute dialogues which offended the Muslim groups. In a letter to the people and media, Kamal Haasan thanked the Chief Minister Jayalalitha for her support and his fans, media for standing up for him. Amidst all the chaos, what really caught Kamal Haasan by surprise was hundreds of people sending cheques worth several thousands of Rupees to his office to support him during the tough times.
He also added that he’ll be returning all the cheques to all the respective donors and appealed to them to not take offense by his move. The film is going to be released on February 7 in Tamil Nadu and it’ll be screened in more than 600 theatres, which is one of the biggest releases ever for a Tamil film in recent times.
Articles that might interest you:
- Breaking News: Horrific accident on Indian 2 sets leaves 3 dead, several injured
- Pawan Kalyan set to donate Rs 1 crore to Kendriya Sainik Board
- Alia denies rumours about her wedding plans
- Tamil producer targets tops actresses
- First look of Rajinikanth’s much hyped TV show unveiled
- Two surprises ahead for Ram Charan fans?