Producer Dil Raju is often subjected to intense criticism from several small-time producers who accuse him of not allotting enough theaters for their movies. There was a huge controversy even during the Sankranthi festive season.
In a latest interview, Dil Raju gave a fitting retort to his detractors. “What’s the point of making substandard movies and asking for theaters? No small film can survive without strong content. Simply making a film is not enough. A minimum of Rs 1 crore has to be spent to promote a film. So many movies are being made without understanding this fact,” said Dil Raju.
The star producer further said that the industry definitely supports small films which gain audiences’ support. “Take RX100 for example. We had increased the number of theaters from day 2 after the film got audiences’ appreciation,” he said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Miss India not going the OTT way
- Mega hero tests negative for COVID 19
- Three Bollywood stars under consideration for DJ’s remake?
- Poll : What are you watching the most during this lockdown?
- Allu Arjun’s next with this talented director?
- Sai Pallavi to choreograph a song in her next?