Ram Charan donned the producer’s hat for the second time to fulfill his father Megastar Chiranjeevi’s long-cherished dream, to act in Uyyalawada Narasimhareddy biopic. Charan shelled out nearly Rs 280 crores on Sye Raa. Released on October 2, the film went on to become the all-time highest grossing Telugu movie after the Baahubali franchise.
But in a latest interview, Charan has made a shocking revelation. He said that nearly Rs 75 crores were spent for just the pre-production work and a couple of sequences. “Any other producer would have shelved the film immediately. I too had thought of shelving the movie after the initial schedules. But then I realized that the film will remain as a blackspot in Dad’s career. That’s why I took a huge risk and fulfilled dad’s dream,” Charan said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Alia Bhatt buys new house close to Ranbir’s residence
- Janhvi Kapoor’s south remake to be shot in record time
- Shah Rukh Khan’s new look goes viral
- Noted actor’s negative role in Balayya-Boyapati film
- Exclusive Interview : Team Bombaat – Our film is a fun watch for entire family
- RRR’s fresh schedule to be shot here