One of the most celebrated Hollywood filmmakers Christopher Nolan landed in Mumbai yesterday to take part in the ‘Reframing The Future of Film’, a 4-day initiative that supports the cause of film preservation and restoration. Last night, a dinner party was hosted in the honor of the Dunkirk director and his wife.
Legendary Indian actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, one of the guests invited to the party, had a personal interaction with Nolan. Kamal took to Twitter after the party and tweeted that he was surprised to know that Nolan had seen his Papanaasam (Tamil remake of the superhit Malayalam thriller, Drishyam).
Kamal went on to say that he had apologized to Nolan for watching Dunkirk in digital format (Nolan is a staunch supporter of the celluloid format) and that in return he is sending Hey Ram’s digital print for Nolan to see.
Met Mr.Christopher Nolan. Apologized for seeing Dunkirk in the digital format and in return am sending Hey Ram in digital format for him to see. Was surprised to know he had seen Paapanaasam. 😊 pic.twitter.com/iTPgQOZCMH
— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) March 30, 2018
Articles that might interest you:
- A bio-secure bubble at Rana-Miheeka’s wedding
- Harish Shankar again chooses this powerful backdrop for Pawan’s film
- Nani to team up with this director for the second time?
- AR Rahman quotes staggering remuneration for Prabhas-Deepika film?
- Tollywood in COVID-19 times: Heroes & Producers still in no mood to shoot
- A biopic on Aarti Agarwal on the cards?