Released in 1994, star comedian Ali’s socio-fantasy drama, Yamaleela, went on to become a huge blockbuster. Ali had earned a newfound stardom with the film’s success. However, Ali wasn’t the first choice for director SV Krishna Reddy for Yamaleela.
In a latest interview commemorating his 40-year-old journey in films, Ali revealed that SV Krishna Reddy initially wanted to cast Mahesh Babu and had even narrated the script to Superstar Krishna during a flight journey from Hyderabad to Madras. However, Krishna politely turned down the offer, saying that Mahesh was still busy with his studies and that there’s still some time for his acting debut.
It was then SV Krishna Reddy chose Ali and the rest is history.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Arjun wants to enter Bollywood with these kind of movies
- Young Bollywood director hospitalized in critical condition
- Vijay & VJS’ bare-chested rage in Master’s poster storms the internet
- Allu Arjun tweets a special picture of Geetha Arts this Republic Day
- Jaanu’s Oohale brings back Kaathale Kaathale memories
- Payal Rajput reveals her most favorite among her heroes