That Tamil hero Karthi’s first tryst with movies was as an Assistant Director to his mentor and legendary director Mani Ratnam on Yuva nearly 14 years ago. Life came a full circle for Karthi as the actor will soon be seen playing the lead in Mani Ratnam’s Cheliyaa.
One of Karthi’s trademark charms that attracts his fans is his peculiar smile. But Mani, being a perfectionist that he is, strictly told Karthi right before the beginning of the film that he doesn’t want to see that oft repeated smile in Cheliyaa.
Karthi, in his latest interview, revealed that he often used to smile in the same involuntarily, but Mani was quick to notice it. Karthi was all praises for his mentor’s passion for movie making even after all these years and is naturally quite thrilled working with him.
- U-Turn and Sailaja Reddy’s latest US Collections
- Sun Pictures to produce much-awaited superstar film
- Interview : Rashmika Mandanna – I am in no mood to speak about my breakup
- Big update: Rajini’s Petta joins Sankranthi race
- Star villain joins Sye Raa shoot