Legendary Tamil director Mani Ratnam was shooting for the epic period drains, Ponniyin Selvan, until the lockdown halted the shootings across the country. Ponniyin Selvan has been a dream project of sorts for Mani for several years.
Recently, an old interview dating back to 1994 featuring Mani Ratnam with popular Bollywood film critic and filmmaker Khalid Mohammed for Filmfare made a huge splash on the internet. What pleasantly surprised many Mani Ratnam admirers was that the master filmmaker had spoken about his dream to make Ponniyin Selvan with Tamil stalwart actor Kamal Haasan back in 1994 itself.
In that interview, Mani said that Kamal had purchased the rights to make Ponniyin Selvan and that even the script work was under progress those days. Well, only Mani and Kamal know why the project never went on floors those days.
Articles that might interest you:
- OTT Review : Poison 2 – Hindi series on Zee 5
- Sreekram wraps up its major schedule post lockdown
- Poll : Who among these do you think is the No 1 heroine as of now?
- Bigg Boss 4 – Super tight competition for elimination this week
- This is why Shyam Singha Roy’s producers changed hands
- Search for Pawan’s co-star in crazy remake back to square one?