Samantha as Rama Lakshmi in Rangasthalam is one of the most memorable characters in her career. It’s well known that Samantha had replaced young beauty Anupama Parameswaran who was supposed to play the role opposite Ram Charan.
However, not many are aware that even Samantha was almost replaced by the makers. The actress herself revealed the news in a recent episode of her talkshow Sam Jam. Samantha revealed that the Assistant Directors in Sukumar’s direction team doubted if fans will accept a glamorous heroine like Samantha in a rustic village belle character. However, Sukumar trusted in Samantha and the rest is history.
Sam said that she was very excited when she was given a narration of Rama Lakshmi character and even felt the role was quite challenging.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 5 Telugu to start from this date?
- Yesteryear hero, Venu Thottempudi in Ravi Teja’s next
- Kamal demands the central govt to repeal the controversial Cinematography Amendment Bill
- Star Tamil hero to do an action-packed web series for Amazon
- Guntur Mirchi teaser – Mehboob Dil Se in action avatar
- Solid new poster of Sanjay Dutt as Adheera from KGF 2 out now