Samantha as Rama Lakshmi in Rangasthalam is one of the most memorable characters in her career. It’s well known that Samantha had replaced young beauty Anupama Parameswaran who was supposed to play the role opposite Ram Charan.
However, not many are aware that even Samantha was almost replaced by the makers. The actress herself revealed the news in a recent episode of her talkshow Sam Jam. Samantha revealed that the Assistant Directors in Sukumar’s direction team doubted if fans will accept a glamorous heroine like Samantha in a rustic village belle character. However, Sukumar trusted in Samantha and the rest is history.
Sam said that she was very excited when she was given a narration of Rama Lakshmi character and even felt the role was quite challenging.
Articles that might interest you:
- These scenes of Sam’s The Family Man 2 to be the highlight
- 30 Years Prudhvi pins career hopes on this film
- Post Covid – Industry preferring upcoming heroines
- Harika opens up about her ‘organic friendship’ with Abijeet
- Prema Desam fame, Abbas all set for a comeback
- Ram’s next with Tamil director?