However, always known for his simplicity and humility, Balu never quite liked being called with prefixes to his name. In fact, there was an occasion when Balu publicly urged his fans and well-wishers to not use any prefixes to his name and instead told them that he would love to be called just Balu or SP Balasubrahmanyam.
In an interview with a TV channel several years ago, Balu revealed a touching incident between him and legendary classical vocalist Mangalampalli Balamurali Krishna. Balu revealed that Mangalampalli had once said, “Balu may sing like me someday, but no matter how much I ever try, I can never sing like him.” A deeply touched Balu then expressed his wish that he wants these golden words by Mangalampalli to be engraved on his tomb after his demise.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hero Tarun turns producer- Ready with three projects
- Bhumika to play a key role in young hero’s next
- Pre-release business of Vakeel Saab takes a beating?
- Poll : Apart from DC, MI, RCB, who will enter IPL 2020 playoffs?
- Prestigious banner to enter Bollywood in a big way
- Bigg Boss 4 – Contestant testing positive for Coronavirus is fake news