However, always known for his simplicity and humility, Balu never quite liked being called with prefixes to his name. In fact, there was an occasion when Balu publicly urged his fans and well-wishers to not use any prefixes to his name and instead told them that he would love to be called just Balu or SP Balasubrahmanyam.
In an interview with a TV channel several years ago, Balu revealed a touching incident between him and legendary classical vocalist Mangalampalli Balamurali Krishna. Balu revealed that Mangalampalli had once said, “Balu may sing like me someday, but no matter how much I ever try, I can never sing like him.” A deeply touched Balu then expressed his wish that he wants these golden words by Mangalampalli to be engraved on his tomb after his demise.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Devarakonda-Samantha to romance in Vizag
- Mega plans being made for Ponniyin Selvan’s teaser launch
- Taapsee talks about her dream role
- Much hyped Tamil film gets a release date
- Bollywood stars donate to Assam flood victims
- Bigg Boss fame anchor grabs attention with hot avatar