Released in 2005, Superstar Mahesh Babu and director Trivikram’s Athadu is still considered one of the best family entertainers in the star duo’s careers. The film was produced by veteran actor turned politician Murali Mohan.
At a recent event organised by Sobhan Babu Seva Samithi, Murali Mohan revealed that he had wanted yesteryear star hero Sobhan Babu to play a crucial role in Athadu and that he had even sent a blank cheque to Sobhan Babu to get his nod. However, Sobhan Babu, who had already quit movies by then, had politely declined Murali Mohan’s offer. The buzz is that Sobhan Babu was initially approached for the role essayed by Nasser eventually.
In other news, the Sobhan Babu Seva Samithi will present the Sobhan Babu Memorial Awards on the 25th of December in Hyderabad.
- NTR, VVR & F2’s latest Krishna collections
- KGF nears the 125 crore mark in Kannada
- Nithiin-Rashmika’s film to go on floors finally
- Former heroine all praise for Charan’s simplicity
- Balayya okays special cameo in Kannada star’s 125th film?