Released in 2005, Superstar Mahesh Babu and director Trivikram’s Athadu is still considered one of the best family entertainers in the star duo’s careers. The film was produced by veteran actor turned politician Murali Mohan.
At a recent event organised by Sobhan Babu Seva Samithi, Murali Mohan revealed that he had wanted yesteryear star hero Sobhan Babu to play a crucial role in Athadu and that he had even sent a blank cheque to Sobhan Babu to get his nod. However, Sobhan Babu, who had already quit movies by then, had politely declined Murali Mohan’s offer. The buzz is that Sobhan Babu was initially approached for the role essayed by Nasser eventually.
In other news, the Sobhan Babu Seva Samithi will present the Sobhan Babu Memorial Awards on the 25th of December in Hyderabad.
Articles that might interest you:
- After Kamal, Rajini offers his property to be used as Corona isolation ward
- Acclaimed Telugu thriller to be remade in Kannada
- Megastar’s huge trust in young director
- Corona scare- Film budgets and remunerations to take a beating
- Rakul reveals why she is still single
- This is what Dil Raju is doing during the lockdown period