Today is November 14. And there is not even a namesake discussion about any film for Children being showcased in Tollywood. There was a time when, films catering to children remained in the precincts of parallel and serious cinema in Tollywood. Over the years, the genre has all but disappeared.
In fact “Anaganaga O Dheerudu” aside one cannot even remember the last movie that was even promoted – let alone produced – keeping in mind the children as an audience. Rescue, and welcome relief has come from animation films like “My Friend Ganesha”, “Bal Ganesh”, “Hanuman”, “Hanuman Returns” and “Ghatothkach”. On that count Bollywood has been a lot more proactive with films like Zokkomon, Chillar Party and The Halo. Taran Adarsh of Trade Guide points out that the decline in Children’s films is due to the all powerful reach of the cartoon channels.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal Haasan to host Bigg Boss one last time?
- Photo Moment: Former heroine Asin’s cute lil’ daughter
- NTR to sport a beefed-up body for Koaratala’s next?
- Latest update on Nag-Kajal Aggarwal film
- Pushpa- Allu Arjun gearing up for an action-filled night shoot
- Prabhas to wrap up Radhe Shyam, finally