Perhaps, nothing is sweeter than the unique bond between a brother & sister. Telugu people have a special place in their hearts for ‘sister sentiment’ and this used to reflect in our movies earlier. Films like NTR’s ‘Rakthasambandham’, ANR’s ‘Bangaaru Gaajulu’ and Krishna’s ‘Puttinillu Mettinillu’ used to come out quite often and tasted massive success. Over the last few years, stories with this sentiment are not being seen very often in our industry.Notable exceptions are Pawan Kalyan’s ‘Annavaram’, Mahesh Babu’s ‘Arjun’ and Jr NTR’s ‘Rakhi’.
In this present day and age, stories that are purely sentimental may not work. More often than not, commercial elements, comedy and mass masala action are required for a film to work at the Box Office these days. Still, it would be good to see films which incorporate ‘sister sentiment’ once in a while to remind the younger generation about values which were once held very close to our hearts.
- Popular singer-composer excited about Saaho
- Taxiwaala inches towards half-a-million-dollar mark in US
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur
- Yatra makers in search of YS Jagan
- Pawan Kalyan all set for his comeback film?