Richa Gangopadhyay, who was supposed to play the lead role in Karthi’s upcoming Tamil film Biryani, was replaced with Hansika. Venkat Prabhu of Gambler fame is going to direct the film. A day after the news began doing rounds, the actress confirmed the development and also explained the reasons behind her opting out of the project. Apparently, her role and even the script was changed at a later stage and the actress wasn’t comfortable with the latest changes. She discussed about the issue with Venkat Prabhu and the two decided to part ways amicably. In the past, there were rumours that Richa had turned down several offers in Telugu because she wasn’t comfortable with the script and the importance of her role in those films. Looks like the actress is extremely choosy about the films she does. She was last seen in Mirapakay which released in January 2011. However, she has four films in pipeline including Mirchi, Sir Vacharu, Iddarammayilatho and Bhai.
- Sammohanam brought me closer to Mahesh: Sudheer Babu
- Indraganti flooded with lucrative offers
- People’s Star’s Annadatha Sukhibhava to release again
- It’s going to be a ‘political’ Diwali for Vijay-Suriya fans
- Kiara Advani opens up about the viral scene in ‘Lust Stories’