The much-talked-about Sankranthi biggies, NTR Kathanayakudu and Vinaya Vidheya Rama, released a few days ago and received a lukewarm response at the box-offices worldwide. Although the day-to-day collections are steady thanks to the festive holiday advantage, the high asking rates are posing a huge challenge for both the movies.
On the other hand, Venkatesh and Varun Tej’s multi-starrer, Fun and Frustration (F2), released yesterday to a positive response from critics and movie lovers alike. The film went on to collect over Rs 7.57 crore worldwide share with an estimated gross of Rs 13 crores. The film’s share Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on its opening day is around Rs 4.92 crores. In the US, the film has breached the half-a-million-dollar mark and grossed nearly $572K until Saturday night.
F2 is an out-and-out comedy entertainer and it is sure to attract family audiences this festive season. Meanwhile, trade analysts are predicting that F2 will end up as the real Sankranthi winner, surpassing NTR biopic and VVR, in terms of return on investment.
Articles that might interest you:
- FDFS : Live Updates from Gaddhalakonda Ganesh
- Star DP’s daughter in talks for Vijay’s next?
- Nithiin’s reprise of Vijay Sethupathi in Valmiki raises curiosity
- Bollywood superstar lauds Sye Raa’s trailer
- Sye Raa’s special screening for Bollywood celebs
- Details of Pawan Kalyan’s voice over in Sye Raa