Actor Sudheer Babu and director Praveen Sattaru will join hands for a biopic based on the life and the glorious achievements of the Indian badminton champ Pullela Gopichand. The film’s shooting will kick-start from October and Bollywood producer Vikram Malhotra will bankroll the movie.
Speaking to an English news daily, Praveen Sattaru said that Gopichand’s biopic will be the Dangal of 2018. Incidentally, Dangal was a biopic based on Indian wrestler Mahavir Phogat’s life. The Aamir Khan starrer went on to collect nearly 2,000 crore and became India’s highest grossing movie ever.
Praveen intends to make this biopic with authentic facts and get rid of all the fictitious melodrama that’s usually seen in most biopics these days. On the other hand, Sudheer, who once trained in badminton along with Gopichand, feels that this film is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu
- Bharath Ane Nenu actress joins Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake