Actor Sudheer Babu and director Praveen Sattaru will join hands for a biopic based on the life and the glorious achievements of the Indian badminton champ Pullela Gopichand. The film’s shooting will kick-start from October and Bollywood producer Vikram Malhotra will bankroll the movie.
Speaking to an English news daily, Praveen Sattaru said that Gopichand’s biopic will be the Dangal of 2018. Incidentally, Dangal was a biopic based on Indian wrestler Mahavir Phogat’s life. The Aamir Khan starrer went on to collect nearly 2,000 crore and became India’s highest grossing movie ever.
Praveen intends to make this biopic with authentic facts and get rid of all the fictitious melodrama that’s usually seen in most biopics these days. On the other hand, Sudheer, who once trained in badminton along with Gopichand, feels that this film is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Deepika, Ranveer tie the knot in Konkan style
- Poll : What did you think of Next Yenti’s teaser?
- Director gives clarity on Ajith’s next
- Vijay-Atlee project set for Diwali 2019
- Are these factors delaying Allu Arjun’s next?