Actor Sudheer Babu and director Praveen Sattaru will join hands for a biopic based on the life and the glorious achievements of the Indian badminton champ Pullela Gopichand. The film’s shooting will kick-start from October and Bollywood producer Vikram Malhotra will bankroll the movie.
Speaking to an English news daily, Praveen Sattaru said that Gopichand’s biopic will be the Dangal of 2018. Incidentally, Dangal was a biopic based on Indian wrestler Mahavir Phogat’s life. The Aamir Khan starrer went on to collect nearly 2,000 crore and became India’s highest grossing movie ever.
Praveen intends to make this biopic with authentic facts and get rid of all the fictitious melodrama that’s usually seen in most biopics these days. On the other hand, Sudheer, who once trained in badminton along with Gopichand, feels that this film is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Articles that might interest you:
- Samantha to make her debut as a reality show host?
- Maruthi penning a script for this young star?
- Senior director’s daughters to turn producers
- Rana fans await double treat this summer
- Clever planning helps Nithin’s Bheeshma big time
- Lakshmi Parvathi’s key role in a lady-oriented film