The IPL season has officially started and it will grow bigger over the next two months. This is a time where film distributors and exhibitors live with great tension and apprehension. For the past few years, IPL has been impacting Telugu Film collections in a big way.
IPL’s effect has been so severe that many high profile projects prefer to stay away from a theatrical release during this time. For 2014, Telugu films might face double trouble. On one hand, the General Elections are in full swing and now this IPL season has started. The crucial 18 – 35 year demographic group is crucial for films and this is the same group that follows IPL in a big way.
Films like ‘Race Gurram’ and ‘Legend’ stand to lose a lot if IPL turns out to be a big hit this time also.
- Kiara Advani joins Arjun Reddy’s Hindi remake unit
- Rakul Preet, Aditi Rao Hydari groove to AR Rahman’s tunes
- Latest update on Suriya’s NGK
- Sudheer Babu begins preparing for a prestigious biopic
- Kavacham’s team reveals film’s release plans