Tamil star hero Suriya, who once had a decent market in the Telugu states, has lost it to an extent with a series of disappointing films. He is looking to reclaim his lost ground with his upcoming film, NGK. The film is slated for release on May 31.
But it looks like it’s not going to be all easy for Suriya this time around. Two promising films, Tamannaah and Prabhudeva’s Abhinetri 2 and Falaknuma Das, are also hitting theaters on the same day. While Abhinetri 2 is a horror comedy, Falaknuma Das is a crime drama and a remake of the Malayalam hit, Angamaly Diaries.
Both Abhinetri 2 and Falaknuma Das have generated a good buzz and are expected to open on on a decent note at the box-office, making things tough for NGK. In the end, given his popularity, there will be no stopping Suriya if NGK manages to get good reviews on the D-Day.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bollywood actor in Balayya’s next?
- Seed Vinayaka: MP Santosh Kumar’s new initiative with Tollywood
- Naga Shaurya’s next to go on floors shortly
- Parineeti Chopra gearing up for an OTT debut
- Akhil’s next with mega director
- The shooting for Tuck Jagadish to resume soon