It’s been more than six weeks since the union government had announced the lockdown. Film industries across the country came to a sudden halt and all the production and post-production formalities were halted all of a sudden. The situation will continue for 2 more weeks until the government issues fresh directives.
However, much to the filmmakers’ relief, the Kerala State government had announced that production houses may resume the post-production work starting from May 4. No unit should be more than 5 technicians and all the technicians must wear a mask and apply hand sanitizer while at work.
Needless to say, this came as a breather for several Malayalam producers, who are planning to resume the editing, dubbing and sound mixing formalities from Monday. Now, all eyes are on the Telangana government to see if it, like the Kerala government, allows Tollywood filmmakers to resume the post-production formalities.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh-Rajamouli film to go on floors during this film?
- Gaali Sampath gets a U certificate; All set for March 11 release
- Gaali Sampath is the best role of my career- Rajendra Prasad
- UV Concepts’ maiden film Ek Mini Katha aims April release
- Sitara’s cute recreation of her great grandmother’s iconic song
- Women’s Day special : Female South directors who are making waves