With the release dates of this year’s Sankranthi movies such as Gautamiputra Satakarni, Khaidi No.150 and Shatamanam Bhavathi being made official by the makers, the stage is all set for an epic Sankranthi battle.
While Sharwanand will be looking to follow up his last Sankranthi’s hit movie Express Raja with his latest offering, Shatamanam Bhavathi, the real box-office clash is between the senior stars, Chiranjeevi and Balakrishna, who are in race with their 150th and 100th movies respectively.
Incidentally, Balayya’s last release was Dictator, which released for Sankranthi 2016. The film capitalized on the festive season advantage and collected big bucks. Also, Nagarjuna’s Soggade Chinni Nayana and NTR’s Nannaku Prematho too became huge money spinners at the ticket windows.
In this scenario, the big question now is will this year’s Sankranthi movies repeat the 2016 success feat and bring smiles to their producers, buyers and fans. Let’s hope they do!
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties
- Sye Raa’s team races against time to complete Nayanthara’s scenes
- AR Rahman makes amateur Telugu female singer an internet sensation
- PressNote: ‘NTR Biopic Overseas Release by US Telugu’