For Dusshera, there are significant releases in the form of Thalapathy Vijay’s Leo, Ravi Teja’s Tiger Nageswara Rao, and Balakrishna’s Bhagavanth Kesari. For Diwali, there are a few noted films scheduled for theatrical release. To start things with, Bollywood Megastar Salman Khan is coming up with Tiger 3.
From Telugu, there is Panja Vaisshnav Tej’s Aadikeshava. Also, Karthik Subbaraj’s Jigarthanda DoubleX is slated for a Diwali release. Karthi’s Japan might also be released during the same time. But these releases might run into a roadblock due to the One-day World Cup 2023, which starts on 5th October and ends on 19th November.
Not just the Dusshera and Diwali releases but also the movies that are slated for release before Dusshera, like Rules Ranjann and Maama Mascheendra, might also face severe heat from the World Cup 2023.
Also, India is hosting this year’s World Cup to make things worse. Yesterday, Jawan lost around 2-3 crores due to the India – Pakistan Asia Cup match. This is not happening for the first time in history, as we have been witnessing the effect of IPL on movies every year.
But here it is, the One-day World Cup, and hence, the magnitude of the effect will be higher. So it all comes down to the content now, and whichever movie impresses in terms of quality will stand its ground.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interesting buzz: Thalapathy 68 to use AI tech for a song shoot
- Rukmini Vasanth becomes a talking point, Tollywood offers knocking her door
- MAD’s paid premieres details are here
- On War’s 4th anniversary, Ayan Mukerji meets NTR for War 2
- Tiger Nageswara Rao will stand as a milestone in Ravi Teja’s career: Ram Lakshman
- These three actresses come on board for Rajinikanth’s next