While the entire Tamil film industry is in a state of turmoil following a complete shutdown of theatres due to high local taxes, the makers of Shankar’s 2.0 are charging ahead with their plans. After kick-starting the global promotional tour in the US, Lyca Productions, which is producing the film, has called for a special seminar on 3D technology and they have invited several theatre owners from all over Tamil Nadu.
Shankar has shot 2.0 in 3D and the team is now hoping that hundreds of the theatre owners will opt to upgrade the projection technology in their theatres to offer the best experience of 2.0. However, the upgradation is going to be an expensive procedure and there is no guarantee that 3D technology will catch up in a big way in Indian film industry to merit this ambitious move.
To quell all these doubts, Lyca Productions is organizing a seminar by bringing in 3D technology experts, equipment manufacturers and others in the 3D tech field to talk about the benefits of going for 3D projection systems. Now, it remains to be seen if the theatre owners will align their vision to Shankar’s expectations or will this ambitious plan fall flat in near future.
- Swathi ready for silver screen comeback with a fab new look
- After biopic, EC bans streaming of web-series on Modi
- Siddharth and Trisha to team up for hit Bollywood thriller’s remake
- Rajini’s statement on contesting elections gets a mixed response
- Dear Comrade to be postponed?
- Poll : Which of these two films impressed you the most?