After creating quite a buzz with its impactful trailer and story, Mallesham, a the film on Padma Shri awardee Chinthakindi Mallesham, is hitting screens on June 21. Priyadarshi plays the titular role in the movie.
In a latest interview, one of Mallesham’s producers and writer-director Raj Rachakonda revealed that he had mentioned a clause in the contracts which says that any actor/crew member accused and proven guilty of harassment on any of the team members must immediately quit the project and bear all the monetary losses the producers may suffer if the victim exits the project.
Needless to say, this is an unprecedented move by any Telugu filmmaker. We will have to see if the rest of the members of the Telugu film industry will take a cue from Mallesham’s producers and make Tollywood a safe place for all artistes and technicians.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sonu Sood’s jaw-dropping number of people he helped during lockdown
- Empower the Silence: Anushka’s message ahead of Nishabdham’s release
- Taapsee’s Thappad achieves a rare feat
- Ram Charan’s striking picture goes viral
- Tamil star Captain Vijayakanth hospitalized due to COVID-19
- Producer wants compensation- Files case to stall Vishal’s Chakra