Amid high expectations and a positive buzz, Yatra, the semi-biograhical film on former Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy, has hit theaters worldwide this morning. YSR fans have lapped up the film big-time and even the critics’ reviews are quite encouraging.
Thanks to this positive response, Yatra collected $71,289 (Including Telugu and Malayalam versions) at 130 locations from the US premieres until midnight. This is the best ever opening in Mollywood stalwart Mammootty’s career. And on Friday morning, until 9:20 AM EST, Yatra collected $2,666 from 44 reported locations. The good word of mouth should help the film collect good revenues over the weekend.
Mahi V Raghav has directed Yatra and Vijay Chilla and Shashi Devireddy have bankrolled it under 70mm Entertainments banner.
Articles that might interest you:
- Noted Actress turns singer
- Star director reveals Anu Emanuel’s attitude issues
- Allu Arjun is a dangerously hardworking actor : Murali Sharma
- Mahesh Babu’s new multiplex in this city?
- Strict rules being followed for megastar’s next
- Poll : Which of these two Pawan Kalyan films are you eagerly looking forward to?