Amid high expectations and a positive buzz, Yatra, the semi-biograhical film on former Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy, has hit theaters worldwide this morning. YSR fans have lapped up the film big-time and even the critics’ reviews are quite encouraging.
Thanks to this positive response, Yatra collected $71,289 (Including Telugu and Malayalam versions) at 130 locations from the US premieres until midnight. This is the best ever opening in Mollywood stalwart Mammootty’s career. And on Friday morning, until 9:20 AM EST, Yatra collected $2,666 from 44 reported locations. The good word of mouth should help the film collect good revenues over the weekend.
Mahi V Raghav has directed Yatra and Vijay Chilla and Shashi Devireddy have bankrolled it under 70mm Entertainments banner.
Articles that might interest you:
- Former heroine to reprise Tabu’s role in Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo Bollywood remake?
- Talk- Dil Raju to only aim big in his career from now on?
- Popular character artiste reveals Mahesh & Prabhas’ off-screen persona
- Liger’s first look sets a new South Indian record
- Latest – F3 to be delayed further?
- Rashmika Mandanna says Dear Comrade deserves positive reception