It’s well-known that Malayalam star Mammootty is playing YSR’s role in the ongoing political drama, Yatra. The film is being directed by Mahi V Raghav. In a latest interview with a popular English news portal, the director revealed the kind of hard work Mammootty has been putting in ever since he signed the project.
“He is not mimicking YSR, he is interpreting YSR. I will not even say I am directing Mammootty, I am merely collaborating with him. That is because of the massive effort he is putting into the role. Much before we began shooting, he hired a dialogue coach who is on location with him. Mammootty writes the Telugu dialogues in Malayalam himself, learns it and is also dubbing his lines himself,” said Mahi V Raghav.
Vijay Chilla and Shashi Devireddy are bankrolling the movie under 70mm Entertainments banner. The film will either hit the screens during the Sankranthi festive season or in summer next year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas to kick-start Salaar with a massive fight in a coal mine
- Uppena- Special event being planned for Vaishnav Tej’s entry
- Prabhas to launch Ichata Vahanumulu Niluparadu’s teaser
- Anushka hails women cops at Telangana police event
- Vishnu’s transformation is surprising many
- One more film to release on March 11th