Director Mahi V Raghav’s ambitious film on former AP CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Yatra, released yesterday and received a positive response from the ardent fans of the iconic politician and critics. Thrilled with the kind of response the film has been getting, Mahi-as issued an open letter of gratitude, thanking YSR and the stalwart leader’s fans.
“I have nothing but gratitude towards the story, YSR garu, and his millions of admirers and the audience. I bow to the unconditional love and support from the audience and YSR’s admirers. I bow to cinema, the medium that has given me the opportunity to tell a story; there is no other form of art through which I could have told my stories. Thank you,” Mahi said in his letter.
The director further clarified, “I respect and accept crtiscisim, but, I will not bow down and apologise for my actions or my beliefs.” “Yatra will always be a story which I will be proud of. I set out to tell a story of YSR garu as I believed he deserved one and I did my best to tell one. This is my tribute to YSR garu, and calling him our leader would be too small for he symbolised generosity, humility, kindness, courage and trust,” he concluded.
Articles that might interest you:
- Here is the latest update on Megastar Chiranjeevi’s Godfather
- Karthikeya 2’s latest AP & TS collections are extraordinary
- Anand Deverakonda’s Highway trailer promises an engrossing thriller
- Independence Day collections of Sita Ramam, Bimbisara and Karthikeya 2 in Nizam
- Karthikeya 2 attains breakeven in many areas in Telugu states
- Koffee with Karan: Siddharth Malhotra and Vicky Kaushal’s episode promo gets Punjabified