Director Mahi V Raghav’s ambitious film on former AP CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Yatra, released yesterday and received a positive response from the ardent fans of the iconic politician and critics. Thrilled with the kind of response the film has been getting, Mahi-as issued an open letter of gratitude, thanking YSR and the stalwart leader’s fans.
“I have nothing but gratitude towards the story, YSR garu, and his millions of admirers and the audience. I bow to the unconditional love and support from the audience and YSR’s admirers. I bow to cinema, the medium that has given me the opportunity to tell a story; there is no other form of art through which I could have told my stories. Thank you,” Mahi said in his letter.
The director further clarified, “I respect and accept crtiscisim, but, I will not bow down and apologise for my actions or my beliefs.” “Yatra will always be a story which I will be proud of. I set out to tell a story of YSR garu as I believed he deserved one and I did my best to tell one. This is my tribute to YSR garu, and calling him our leader would be too small for he symbolised generosity, humility, kindness, courage and trust,” he concluded.
Articles that might interest you:
- Juicy update on Nani’s ‘Meet Cute’
- Photo Moment: Mahesh Babu wishes Koratala Siva with a super cool picture
- Producer locked for Boyapati-Suriya film?
- Goodachari stunt masters for star hero’s next?
- Raashi Khanna turns psycho killer for her next?
- Poll : Which of these star heroines should do a web series?