Yesteryear star heroine Jamuna had made her acting debut with the 1954 film, Maa Gopi, and continued to rule the roost in the 60s and 70s, during Telugu Cinema’s golden era. She was last seen on the big screen in the 1990 Hindi film, Lady Tarzan.
Now, after nearly 3 decades, Jamuna is making her comeback to movies with a key role in the biopic on noted Vijayawada politician Devineni Nehru. The film has Nandamuri Tarakaratna playing Nehru. Directed by Siva Nagu, the film, titled Bezawada Simham, will commence its regular shoot from May 10.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh posts a heartfelt message on Women’s Day
- Virata Parvam team’s Women’s Day tribute to its female characters
- This popular star to be Kamal’s villain in Vikram?
- Naveen and Vijay are two sides of one coin: Nag Ashwin
- We wanted to see audiences’ smiles in cinemas: Naveen Polishetty
- Rajendra Prasad garu is world’s best acting institute: Sree Vishnu