Master auteur Mani Ratnam is pulling off one surprise after the other, as he zeroes in on the cast for his ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. Already, this epic Tamil-Hindi bilingual has prominent stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Vikram, Aishwarya Rai, Vijay Sethupathi, Jayam Ravi and Keerthi Suresh in key roles.
Now, the latest updates coming in from Kollywood circles reveal that Mani has also signed on star heroine Nayanthara for a crucial role in the movie. This will be the first time that Nayan will be acting under Mani’s direction. In the past, she turned down Mani’s offer to play Vikram’s sister in Raavan. The role was later accepted by Priyamani.
Ponniyin Selvan’s regular shooting will commence from September this year. Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies has joined hands with Lyca Productions to bankroll this humongous project. AR Rahman will compose the soundtrack.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ajith’s charming looks in Valimai’s first single poster thrills fans
- Second schedule of Nag-Praveen Sattaru film from this date
- Varun Tej’s heavy-duty workout for Ghani gives a major Monday motivation
- Interesting: Rajamouli didn’t shoot RRR’s Dosti song
- Viral – Allu Arjun wishes DSP on Pushpa’s crazy number
- Poll: Whose stylish entry in RRR’s Dosti song impressed you the most?