Master auteur Mani Ratnam is currently prepping for his ambitious magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan, an epic historical period drama based on the Raja Raja Chozha dynasty. Leading Tamil stars Vikram, Vijay Sethupathi and Jayam Ravi play the lead roles in the movie, while Bollywood stars Amitabh Bachchan and his daughter-in-law and star actress Aishwarya Rai too have been approached for crucial roles.
Now, the latest updates reveal that Mani Ratnam has signed on his former AD and popular Tamil hero Karthi for a key role in Ponniyin Selvan. Mani had directed Karthi in the romantic drama, Cheliyaa, that released in 2017. Details of Karthi’s role in Ponniyin Selvan have been kept under wraps.
Veteran Telugu hero Mohan Babu too will reportedly be part of Ponniyin Selvan. The film will be made in various Indian languages. The project will be going on floors in 2020.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kalyani Priyadarshini’s to act in this Malayalam actor’s next
- Baahubali actress to launch an academy
- Hyderabadi actor to reprise Suriya’s role in Singam 3’s Bollywood remake
- Ram was the first hero I met before my debut : Sundeep Kishan
- Entire world is waiting for Tollywood films: Ram
- Wild Dog’s Team Gears Up For A Big Announcement