It is well known that GST implementation has been getting mixed response from the film celebrities. Especially, Tamil Nadu distributors and theaters owners who are unhappy with the ongoing circumstances have called for the theaters bandh.
Celebrities from Tamil film fraternity have extended their support to distributors and theater owners and opposed the new tax guidelines. Meanwhile, senior actor Arjun on his official Twitter handle wrote ” Local body tax issued on top of GST will make industry suffer. No one will come forward tp produce films in TN. Please #SaveTamilCinema.”
This agitation is becoming bigger by each passing day and lets’ hope that government looks to sort out this issue very soon.
Local body tax issued on top of GST will make industry suffer. No one will come forward to produce films in TN. Please #SaveTamilCinema
— Arjun (@akarjunofficial) July 4, 2017
- Vaishnav’s debut film will have Rangasthalam-like feel: Chiranjeevi
- Madhavan turns full-time director with a biopic
- F2 & VVR’s 2nd weekend Nizam collections
- F2, VVR & NTR Kathanayakudu’s latest Krishna collections
- RRR’s second schedule commences in style