Master auteur Mani Ratnam is one of the most revered filmmakers in India and even the country’s biggest stars wait their turn to act under his direction. But young actress Amala Paul had hit headlines last year when she politely turned down the offer to act in Mani Ratnam’s ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan.
In a latest interview, Amala Paul revealed why she had to turn down Mani’s film. “Not everyone can act in every film. I felt I can’t do justice to the role in Mani sir’s Ponniyin Selvan. I felt it’s better to not do a role which doesn’t suit me and face unnecessary criticism later. I hope that I’ll get another opportunity to act in Mani sir’s film in future,” Amala said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Thimmarasu and Ishq lock digital streaming partners
- Much-awaited RRR’s Dosti song impresses big-time
- Photo Moment: Anushka, Virat’s group picture with Indian cricketers
- Bobby reveals the main inspiration for Chiranjeevi’s film
- Vijay Sethupathi signs yet another Telugu flick?
- Star couple’s hospital visit leads to speculations of pregnancy