Master auteur Mani Ratnam is one of the most revered filmmakers in India and even the country’s biggest stars wait their turn to act under his direction. But young actress Amala Paul had hit headlines last year when she politely turned down the offer to act in Mani Ratnam’s ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan.
In a latest interview, Amala Paul revealed why she had to turn down Mani’s film. “Not everyone can act in every film. I felt I can’t do justice to the role in Mani sir’s Ponniyin Selvan. I felt it’s better to not do a role which doesn’t suit me and face unnecessary criticism later. I hope that I’ll get another opportunity to act in Mani sir’s film in future,” Amala said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Aakasame Nee Haddu Raa to be remade in Hindi?
- Positive reports for Allari Naresh’s Naandi
- Saaho disappoints on the small screen as well
- Balayya-Boyapati film resumes finally
- Rajasekhar recovering; To be moved out of ICU
- Chay, Samantha’s amusing banter about kids