Master auteur Mani Ratnam is one of the most revered filmmakers in India and even the country’s biggest stars wait their turn to act under his direction. But young actress Amala Paul had hit headlines last year when she politely turned down the offer to act in Mani Ratnam’s ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan.
In a latest interview, Amala Paul revealed why she had to turn down Mani’s film. “Not everyone can act in every film. I felt I can’t do justice to the role in Mani sir’s Ponniyin Selvan. I felt it’s better to not do a role which doesn’t suit me and face unnecessary criticism later. I hope that I’ll get another opportunity to act in Mani sir’s film in future,” Amala said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Balayya wants either of these two to launch his son
- Poll : RRR- If made in Hindi, who should do the lead roles?
- Suriya’s Soorarai Pottru wraps up censor formalities
- One more gossip comes out about Nayan-Prabhu Deva separation
- Mahesh joins other celebs in wishing the class of 2020
- Lakshmi Manchu’s Locked Up With Lakshmi is a hit